Schedule of Upcoming Meeting Events - click here to see more
Sep 15, 9:45 am: Ministry and Counsel Committee will Solicit feedback from the community on ways to address how we conduct our business. We will present ideas we have brainstormed and solicit feedback from others in the community.
Sep 22, 9:45 am: Building and Grounds will introduce the newest version of the building renovation plans.
Sep 29, 9:45 am: Ash and Seres Kyrie present about their recent anti-nuclear trip to Japan
Oct 5: Mary House workday in Wisconsin Dells. Contact Pamela Minden for more information. Details
Oct 6, 9:45 am: Monthly Meeting for Business on the Basis of Worship begins - Direct concerns to the presiding clerk ([email protected]) by Wednesday prior to Meeting. Childcare will be provided for children aged 6 weeks -10 years downstairs with 3 days advance notice ([email protected], 608-220-4102).
Reminder: We are testing a way to adjust time of our morning worship (see below). The regularly scheduled later Meeting for Worship may begin earlier or later than the nominal 11:15 time.
Friday and Saturday October 11 and 12 Annual Retreat, Ministry and Counsel has invited Emily Provance, quakeremily.wordpress.com/about-emily/ to lead the retreat, at the Meeting House Friday and Farley Center on Saturday. More information coming soon.
Oct 13: Ministry and Counsel: End of Emily Provance retreat.
Oct 20, 9:45 am: The Continuing Threat of Nuclear War - Paula Rogge of Physicians for Social Responsibility.
Oct 27, 9:45 am: Building and Grounds (tentative)
Nov 10, 9:45 am: Peace Social and Earth Concerns: Race, Bias and the prison ecosystem.
Nov 17, 9:45 am: Ministry and Counsel talks about Wisconsin Faith Voices for Justice
*Driving to Meeting: If you are able to walk to the Meetinghouse please park in the neighborhood: in the Monroe St Library lot or on West Lawn, Keyes or Rowley. First priority for Meetinghouse parking lot is for folks with mobility concerns!
- 8:30 am - Meeting for Worship
- 9:45 am - weekly except First Sundays: Socializing and Quaker Topic forums* (Brunch only during the school year, but often there are snacks at the Meetinghouse)
- 9:45 am - First Sundays: Monthly Meeting for Business on the Basis of Worship begins - Direct concerns to the presiding clerk ([email protected]) by Wednesday prior to Meeting. Childcare will be provided for children aged 6 weeks -10 years downstairs.
- 1st & 3rd Sundays: Sand Ridge Meeting for Worship Group, 3981 County Road JJ, 767-2885
- 11:15 am - Meeting for Worship. First Day School classes and nursery, or when not in session there are activities and supervision for children downstairs during Meeting for Worship.
- 12:30 pm (1st Sunday) - Food Pantry Baskets picked up from beneath the coat rack
- 5:30 pm - Meeting for Worship
- 6:00 pm - Finance Commitee (3rd Mondays)
- 4:45 pm - Luke House Community Meal, 310 S. Ingersoll St. (1st Wednesday)
- 5:30 pm - Meeting for Worship
- 7:00 pm - Care Commitee (3rd Thursday)
- 7:00 pm - Ministry & Counsel(3rd Thursday)
- 7:00 pm - AFSC Committee (4th Thursdays)
*Friends are invited to lead or contribute ideas for the Gathering program. For Quaker Topics or other program scheduling, contact Eric Howland (233-7072, [email protected]).