Schedule of Upcoming Meeting Events
Upcoming Meeting Events
Meeting for Worship Information:
Sunday, October 2 - 8:30 am Meeting for Worship In person only
Sunday October 2 - 9:45 am - Meeting for business (Blended – in person and via zoom - audio only)
Sunday, October 2 - 11:15 am Meeting for Worship (Blended – in person and via zoom - audio only)
Note: Our Covid guidelines require masking inside the Meetinghouse when community transmission rate is "high" or "moderate" according to the CDC
Covid guidelines for inperson Meetings
MASKS: Effective immediately, the use of masks will be determined by the CDC/Dane County reported infection rate as follows:
- HIGH infection rate: Masks are required in all Quaker events.
- MEDIUM infection rate: Masks are required in all Quaker events. However, a person may remove their mask while speaking.
- LOW infection rate: Masks are recommended, but optional, in all Quaker events.
Sunday, October 2 – 10:30am-2:30pm - Farley Center Fall Celebration 2022- Open House and Apple Cider Day! Pick, wash, slice, and press apples in our antique cider press! Take a tour of the Natural Path Sanctuary, farm or bees. Listen to music and have a great time! Please bring your baked apple treats (and other treats) to share with others! Farley Center honey will be available for sale by Beekeepers Patrick Norby and Matt Kersten. Beekeepers will have information if you are interested in being a Farley Center Beekeeper! Farley Center farmers will be selling fresh, organic vegetables at the Market Table. Donations will be accepted to go toward the purchase of buying the next planting of fruit trees. All are welcome!
Participate in the annual harvest festival. They are seeking people experienced with the apple cider press and apple cutting. Info: http://farleycenter.org/event/farley-center-fall-festival-2022/ Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BWm107mmlDPVI66bbdjAitb9j9mMiv0zsJHrswQMprE/edit?usp=sharing Tours of the Natural Path Sanctuary, farm or bees will occur. Listen to music and have a great time! Video from 2021: https://vimeo.com/625788973
October 28 -29: Northern Yearly Meeting’s Fall Interim Session will be held on Oct. 28th (7-8:30pm) and 29th (approx. 9am-4pm). It is currently planned as a hybrid session with the in-person meeting taking place at Minneapolis Friends Meetinghouse.
Saturday, October 29 - 11 am – Memorial Service for Joanne Elder: There will be a memorial gathering for Joanne Elder in the Atrium (a very large 400 seat room) at the First Unitarian Meeting House, 900 University Bay Dr., Madison on Saturday, October 29 at 11 am followed by lunch at the same location. Anyone who is interested is welcome to come. The family is hoping to set up a zoom broadcast from the service for those who can't physically be there. https://www.cressfuneralservice.com/obituary/Joann-Elder
First Tuesdays of the Month - 10am - Experiment with Light meditation for anyone who’d like to join us. Developed by Quaker author Rex Ambler, Experiment with Light recreates the practice of silent worship as it was originally engaged in by George Fox and other early Friends. Contact Albert Bellg (Winnebago Worship Group) at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link or to ask questions. You can find out more about the meditation at https://experiment-with-light.org.uk/about/
FGC Ministry on Racism holds weekly Worship and Worship Sharing for both Friends of Color (Tuesdays 4pm CT) and white Friends / Friends of European Descent confronting racism and White Supremacy (Fridays 11am CT). See more on these and other events: https://www.fgcquaker.org/fgcprograms/ministry-on-racism/
Friends in Russia are hosting a Daily International Meeting for Worship for Peace at 9:00 am Pacific / 12:00pm Eastern Time, (11am CT) attended by Friends all over the world. We welcome you to join us at https://tinyurl.com/fhm-zoom-for-peace/ .
Farley Center Events: https://farleycenter.org/events/
*SEE EVENTS FOR LOGIN DETAILS*
*Virtual Meetings for Worship, Business and Committees will be held by video or phone: Check Events for links to worship and programming. The Meetinghouse will be closed until further notice.
How to participate in virtual meetings with Zoom (created for NYM)
Every Sunday: 9:45 program or socializing, 11:15 Meeting for Worship.
Worship Meetings and the Gathering today use the same Zoom connection from a computer, tablet or smartphone: https://zoom.us/j/723937143?pwd=aUlsbVRsT1lkaldMNEJ3bkMxYXhjQT09 The link includes the password, but it is Quaker if you are asked.
From a phone (for just audio): 312-626-6799 and enter the Meeting ID: 723 937 143 # and then the password 888622
You will be muted when you enter the meeting.
First Day School activities: Please contact email@example.com for information and details.
ONGOING SCHEDULE and information when the Meetinghouse reopens in the future:
*Driving to Meeting: If you are able to walk to the Meetinghouse please park in the neighborhood: in the Monroe St Library lot or on West Lawn, Keyes or Rowley. First priority for Meetinghouse parking lot is for folks with mobility concerns!
- 8:30 am - Meeting for Worship
- 9:45 am - weekly except First Sundays: Socializing and Quaker Topic forums* (Brunch only during the school year, but often there are snacks at the Meetinghouse)
- 9:45 am - First Sundays: Monthly Meeting for Business on the Basis of Worship begins - Direct concerns to the presiding clerk (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday prior to Meeting. Childcare will be provided for children aged 6 weeks -10 years downstairs.
- 1st & 3rdD Sundays: Sand Ridge Meeting for Worship Group, 3981 County Road JJ, 767-2885
- 11:00 am : During in-person worship, programming for children and youth begins at 11:00 am. Nursery (Age 0 - 3 ), Littles (Age 3 - 7), Elementary (Age 7 - 10), Middle school Age 10 - 13).
- 11:15 am - Meeting for Worship. First Day School classes and nursery, or when not in session there are activities and supervision for children downstairs during Meeting for Worship.
- 12:30 pm (1st Sunday) - Food Pantry Baskets picked up from beneath the coat rack
- 4:30 pm, third Sunday of the month: High Schoolers meet.
- 5:30 pm - Meeting for Worship
- 4:45 pm - Luke House Community Meal, 310 S. Ingersoll St. (1st Wednesday)
- 5:30 pm - Meeting for Worship
- 1:00 pm (1st Sunday) - PSEC Climate Change Subcommittee (all interested are welcome to attend!) Contact email@example.com
- 1:00 pm (4th Sunday) - PSEC Anti-racism subcommittee (all interested are welcome to attend!) Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
(Email committee clerks to verify times)
- 7:00 pm - Nominating Committee (1st Thursday)
- 6:30 pm - Finance Committee (2nd Thursday)
- 7:00 pm - Building & Grounds Committee (2nd Thursday)
- 7:00 pm - Care Committee (3rd Thursday)
- 7:00 pm - Ministry & Counsel(3rd Thursday)
*Friends are invited to lead or contribute ideas for the Gathering program. For Quaker Topics or other program scheduling, contact Eric Howland (233-7072, email@example.com).