Announcement from Bloomington Friends Meeting
Public ContentAnyone can view this post
- Bloomington Friends Meeting is suspending all meetinghouse activities until further notice. We will try to keep everyone updated on Meeting activities, while trying to minimize email messages. With regard to Zoom messages below, in addition to computer access, smartphones can download a free app. A toll number will be provided for dial-in phones, but charges may apply.
- Pastoral Care Committee is making contact with those who may not have access to this message. If you are willing to help, contact Gloria Bruner.
- HYMN-SINGING: We will try a Zoom (internet and phone) hymn-singing meeting from 9:50-10:20 on Sundays. Let Gini know if you would like particular hymns emailed to you. To get the link for the Meeting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
- MEETING FOR WORSHIP: Bloomington Friends will offer Zoom meeting for worship at the usual time, 10:30-11:30 on First Days. The link will be the same as the hymn-singing, really just a continuation of that meeting.
- For Those Not Able to Connect: We encourage you to have personal meeting for worship at the same time. If messages arise for you during that time, you are invited to send them to Gloria and she will share them in one message on the eList.
- 2nd HOUR DISCUSSION 3/22: There is a 2nd hour discussion scheduled for this Sunday with a representative from Citizen’s Climate Lobby. This will be offered through Zoom at 12:15pm with a separate invitation. The invitation to participate is forthcoming.
- OVYM Sunday evening worship on Zoom: Friends are also invited to participate in the remote worship on Sunday evenings from 7-8 pm by OVYM on Zoom. Contact email@example.com for Zoom link, or check your email from Bloomington Friends Meeting.
- MID-WEEK WORSHIP on Zoom: Mid-week worship on Wednesday from 9:00am-9:30 am will continue as a Zoom meeting. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for link or check your email.
- Zoom Links can be found through the e-list, joining this meeting on Quaker Cloud, or emailing email@example.com. The links have been moved due to concerns about Zoom bombing. Please be patient with us and we will persist and work things out. Let Gini know if you encounter glitches during meetings and I will troubleshoot it with you or seek someone who can.
And on a lighter note: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhsvqbCIaAs
Gloria Bruner, clerk of Pastoral Care Committee
Gini Emigh, clerk of Ministry & Counsel Committee