How to transform your conversations about Racism - March 30th 10:00
Let's learn more about how we can go deeper and transform our conversation sbout racism
Racial Healing and Wholeness Committee is offering an intensive day long with Dr. Amanda Kemp of Lancaster meeting with the goal to Transform Your Conversations about Racism Saturday March 30th at CPMM. We'll begin at 10:00 with a catered lunch at 1:00 and we will end at 5:00.
Amanda requests that in preparation for that workshop please review the following resources.
Watch: "Deconstructing White Privilege" by Robin DiAngelo and complete this worksheet
- · Watch: Amanda’s webinar How to Have a Difficult Conversation about Racism.
- · Practice: 5 minute guided practice for Holding Space for Transformation
- · Implicit Racial Bias: Jerry KangTEDX talk
- · Take the Implicit Association Test (IAT) for race and complete the worksheet. When you go to the IAT page, click “I wish to proceed,” then select “Race IAT” from the list.
- · Read this blog post by Dr. Kemp.
If you have further questions, please contact Barry Scott at [email protected]
Please consider before you comment
As you participate and comment on topics in this discussion, before you click submit, pause for a moment to reflect and listen deeply to Spirit.
Participation on this board is to be carried out in the spirit of Friends. This is a place to respectfully ask difficult questions, share experiences, feelings and perspectives around these issues, as well as to listen deeply to others and Spirit. Please be constructive and mutually respectful even in the midst of differing perspectives. The moderator retains the right to delete inappropriate comments.