How we can transform our conversations about Racism NOW!
Here's some tools for us to use to go deeper and transform our conversations about racism
On March 30th Racial Healing and Wholeness Committee sponsored an intensive day long workshop with Dr. Amanda Kemp of Lancaster meeting with the goal to Transform Our Conversations about Racism at CPMM. The workshop which went from 10-5 received the following resources which many found very helpful.
Watch: "Deconstructing White Privilege" by Robin DiAngelo and complete this worksheet
- · Watch: Amanda’s webinar How to Have a Difficult Conversation about Racism.
- · Practice: 5 minute guided practice for Holding Space for Transformation
- · Implicit Racial Bias: Jerry KangTEDX talk
- · Take the Implicit Association Test (IAT) for race and complete the worksheet. When you go to the IAT page, click “I wish to proceed,” then select “Race IAT” from the list.
- · Read this blog post by Dr. Kemp.
If you have further interest or questions, please contact anyone on Racial Healing and Wholeness - Chuck Esser, Barry Scott, Francis Elling, O, Marcia Paulin or Tara Harrison.
Please consider before you comment
As you participate and comment on topics in this discussion, before you click submit, pause for a moment to reflect and listen deeply to Spirit.
Participation on this board is to be carried out in the spirit of Friends. This is a place to respectfully ask difficult questions, share experiences, feelings and perspectives around these issues, as well as to listen deeply to others and Spirit. Please be constructive and mutually respectful even in the midst of differing perspectives. The moderator retains the right to delete inappropriate comments.
Post a Comment