Public ContentAnyone can view this post
October 11–13, 2019
Meeting weekend is a time for our meeting community, members and attendees, to come together for a joyful time to build a sense of community, deepen learning and understanding, and HAVE FUN!
The theme of the weekend is Uncovering Mysteries! Together will explore the mysteries of Quakerism and CPMM in particular.
Friday – 6:00 pm
Potluck, warm up games, and a dramatic reading of an original play by Buzz Kimball about Mary Fisher, an early English Friend who undertook a dangerous journey alone to Turkey to tell the Grand Sultan about Quakerism.
Saturday will feature the following:
Morning – 9:30 am
- Food—light breakfast (with what have been voted the best bagels in America).
- Workshop—“Naming and Celebrating Our Gifts" offered by the Gifts and Leadings committee.
- Workshop—"Opening to the Spirit" led by Carolyn McCoy entitled “Opening to the Spirit.”
- Workshop—“Reimagining Money" led by Pamela Haines.
- Catered lunch.
- Families midday swim at Friends Select School, plus crafts and a design activity for our square in the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting quilt.
- Tour—"Mysteries of the Building", including a look at the secret safe and the windows and doors to nowhere.
- Talent show.
- Overnight sleepover.
Sunday – 9:30 am
- Pancake breakfast and singing before meeting for worship.
Sign up for meals
Come for as much or as little as you’d like, but PLEASE RSVP for the 3 meals on Saturday. You can RSVP and sign up to help at online at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C044AA5AA23ABFA7-meeting. Hope to see you there!
Friday, October 11, 2019 - 6:00pm to Sunday, October 13, 2019 - 1:00pm