About Quaker Ministries
We do not have paid professional ministers. Rather, Quaker ministers are Friends who have felt led by the Spirit to pursue some service and now pursue that service under the care of the meeting; this care is the responsibility of our Gifts and Leadings Committee.
Click this link for Responding to Calls to Ministry to learn more about this aspect of Quaker spirituality.
Active Ministries of CPMM
The following are the ministries currently under the meeting's care.
- Fair Trade—Yoko Koike Barnes.
- Hearing Voices: Healing, Wholeness, and Justice—Berta Britz.
- Helping the Religious Society of Friends Become More Welcoming to People of Color—Vanessa Julye.
- Love and Respect Transform—.O.
- Quaker Decision Making and Clerking—Arthur Larrabee.
Gifts and Leadings Committee
Click the following to visit the web page of Gifts and Leadings Committee, which is charged nurturing Quaker ministry in the meeting and with supporting the ministries under the care of the meeting, which are listed above.
The White Richardson Frund—A MeetingEndowment
Central Philadelphia Meeting has one permanent ministry under its care, which is funded by an endowment managed by a committee of trustees.
- The White Richardson Fund of Central Philadelphia Monthly Meeting focuses on the education of children of color in Philadelphia.
- Grants are given to programs and educational institutions, (both Friends and other) below the college level.
- The total of the grants is about $80,000 per year. Grants range from $1000 to $8000.
- Information about grants will be sent in May or early June.
- Funds are also set aside for members and active attenders involved in schools or programs for children of color in Philadelphia.