we express concern for public schools. I volunteer and so do others. I wonder if that's all and as effective as I and we can be?
Query for Fifth Month
- What is our Meeting’s role in the life and support of Friends’ education? If supporting or maintaining a Friends school, have we developed an appropriate relationship of Meeting and school? What is our role in the spiritual life of the school and its maintenance of Friends’ principles?
- What does our Meeting do to support education in the wider community?
- What help do we provide for the children and adults in our Meeting to pursue the education they seek, whether academic, technical, or vocational? Do we make provision for children in our Meeting to attend a Friends school?
- How do I show my concern for the improvement of public education in my community and in the world?
- Am I aware of what Friends schools are doing and of their plans for the future? How do I show encouragement and support?
Please consider before you comment
As you participate and comment on topics in this discussion, before you click submit, pause for a moment to reflect and listen deeply to Spirit.
Participation on this board is to be carried out in the spirit of Friends. This is a place to respectfully ask difficult questions, share experiences, feelings and perspectives around these issues, as well as to listen deeply to others and Spirit. Please be constructive and mutually respectful even in the midst of differing perspectives. The moderator retains the right to delete inappropriate comments.