Query for Fifth Month: Religious Education in the Home and Meeting
Nurturing Our Community: Religious Education in the Home and Meeting
- How does our meeting prepare its members, attenders and children for worship, for the conduct of its business and for a way of life consistent with the principles of the Religious Society of Friends?
- What opportunities do we provide for all in the meeting to learn about Friends’ history, practices and testimonies, the Judeo-Christian tradition, the life and teachings of Jesus, and other religious traditions?
- How does our meeting’s religious education program provide experiential learning that enhances the sense of belonging to our worshipping community?
- How do I help create a home where all members of the family receive affection and understanding and where visitors are welcome?
- How does my manner of living enrich body, mind and spirit; enable all to learn what it means to live a life of Spirit-led commitment; and demonstrate a high regard for family, community and the integrity of creation?
- How do I engage with my family and others who are dear to me regarding such sensitive topics as death, faith, money, sex and drugs?
Please consider before you comment
As you participate and comment on topics in this discussion, before you click submit, pause for a moment to reflect and listen deeply to Spirit.
Participation on this board is to be carried out in the spirit of Friends. This is a place to respectfully ask difficult questions, share experiences, feelings and perspectives around these issues, as well as to listen deeply to others and Spirit. Please be constructive and mutually respectful even in the midst of differing perspectives. The moderator retains the right to delete inappropriate comments.