Query for First Month: Meeting for Worship
Deepening Our Faith: Meeting for Worship
- Are our meetings for worship held in stilled, expectant waiting upon God?
- As we worship in the living silence, are we drawn together by the power of God in our midst? Do we experience a deep reverence for the integrity of creation?
- How does our worship nurture all worshipers, creating a deeper sense of community?
- How does our meeting encourage vocal ministry that spiritually nurtures the worshiping community?
- Do I faithfully attend meeting with heart and mind prepared for worship, clear of any predetermination to speak or not to speak, expecting that worship will be a source of strength and guidance?
- Does worship deepen my relationship with God, increase my faithfulness and refresh and renew my daily life, both inwardly and in my relationships with other persons and with all of creation?
- Does worship enhance my capacity for attentive, non-judgmental listening to others?
- How does participation in meeting for worship contribute to my life-long spiritual journey?
Source: Philadelphia Yearly Meeting, Faith & Practice, 2017.
Please consider before you comment
As you participate and comment on topics in this discussion, before you click submit, pause for a moment to reflect and listen deeply to Spirit.
Participation on this board is to be carried out in the spirit of Friends. This is a place to respectfully ask difficult questions, share experiences, feelings and perspectives around these issues, as well as to listen deeply to others and Spirit. Please be constructive and mutually respectful even in the midst of differing perspectives. The moderator retains the right to delete inappropriate comments.