Query for Ninth Month: Equality and Justice
Grounding for Transformed Lives: Equality and Justice
- How does our meeting benefit from established patterns of prejudice, exploitation and economic convenience? What are we doing to change this?
- How and how often does our meeting engage in a self-examination of its attitudes and actions regarding race, ability, gender, sexual orientation or class?
- What steps are we taking as a meeting to inform ourselves about social injustice and ecological violence embedded in our political and economic systems?
- What steps are we taking as a meeting to assure that our meeting and the committees and institutions under our care are respectful of the earth and its people?
- Do I regularly examine myself for attitudes and behavior that indicate any hidden prejudice regarding race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or class?
- How do my lifestyle choices affect—positively or negatively—the causes of justice and peace in our nation, the community of nations and the whole of creation?
- How do I demonstrate in my way of living, and in what I teach my children, that love of God entails acknowledging “that of God in every person”?
Please consider before you comment
As you participate and comment on topics in this discussion, before you click submit, pause for a moment to reflect and listen deeply to Spirit.
Participation on this board is to be carried out in the spirit of Friends. This is a place to respectfully ask difficult questions, share experiences, feelings and perspectives around these issues, as well as to listen deeply to others and Spirit. Please be constructive and mutually respectful even in the midst of differing perspectives. The moderator retains the right to delete inappropriate comments.