Query for Seventh Month: Peace and Alternatives to Violence
Grounding for Transformed Lives: Peace and Alternatives to Violence
- How do we help each other face conflicts with patience, forbearance and openness to healing?
- To what extent does our meeting ignore differences in order to avoid possible conflicts?
- What are we doing as a Friends meeting within our communities:
1) To recognize and correct the causes of violence?
2) To understand the impact of the global military-industrial complex on all aspects of life?
3) To increase the understanding and use of alternatives to violence?
4) To work toward overcoming separations and restoring wholeness?
5) To support the constructive use of authority?
6) To promote the sustainability of the earth?
- Do I “live in the virtue [power] of that Life and Spirit that took [takes] away the occasion of all wars”?
- How do I maintain Friends’ testimony that participation in war and its preparation is inconsistent with the teaching of Jesus?
- Do I treat personal conflict as an opportunity for growth?
- How do I face my differences with others and reaffirm in action and attitude my love for those with whom I am in conflict?
Please consider before you comment
As you participate and comment on topics in this discussion, before you click submit, pause for a moment to reflect and listen deeply to Spirit.
Participation on this board is to be carried out in the spirit of Friends. This is a place to respectfully ask difficult questions, share experiences, feelings and perspectives around these issues, as well as to listen deeply to others and Spirit. Please be constructive and mutually respectful even in the midst of differing perspectives. The moderator retains the right to delete inappropriate comments.