2018 -09 (September) Minutes Meeting for Business DRAFT
Chestnut Hill Friends Meeting
Meeting for Worship for Business
September 16, 2018 beginning promptly at 12:30
Agenda (see document links below)
- Opening Worship and Reading of the Ninth Query
- Care and Counsel Committee (Decision(s) Needed)
- PIHN (Decision Needed)
- Worship & Ministry
- Report of ad hoc Committee on Racism
- Minute on Mass Incarceration
- Philadelphia Quarter Representatives
- Treasurer Annual Report
- Approval of Minutes of June Meeting for Business
- October Annual Reports Due
- Treasuere Quarterly Report
- Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting
- Easy Evens
- October--Adult Religious Education
- December--Property and House
- Reserved November Saturday (November 17) to be released tomorrow for rentals
- Closing Worship
Query for 9th Month -- Outreach
What are we doing as a Meeting to communicate our presence and our principles to the community around us? Does our Meeting’s ministry of outreach lead Friends to share their spiritual experiences with others?
What are we doing to invite persons not in membership to attend our meetings for worship and to encourage their continued attendance? How does the Meeting welcome visitors? Are we sensitive to the needs and hesitations of each visitor?
Are we tender to the needs of isolated Friends and Meetings, and to nearby Meetings seeking support?
How do I ground myself in the understandings of my faith? Am I clear about my beliefs? How do I prepare myself to share my faith and beliefs with others?
Does my manner of life as a Friend attract others to our religious society?
Do I seize opportunities to tell others about the Religious Society of Friends and invite them to worship with us?
Is my manner with visitors and attenders to our Meeting one of welcome?
In what ways does our Meeting respond to opportunities to join with other faiths in worship, in social action, and in spiritual dialogue?
How does our Meeting encourage its members to seek opportunities to meet and work with Friends world wide?
What opportunities have I taken to know people from different religious and cultural backgrounds, to worship with them, and to work with them on common concerns?
What opportunities have I taken to know, to work, and to worship with Friends outside of my own Meeting?