2018 -10 (October) Documents for Meeting for Business
Chestnut Hill Friends Meeting
Meeting for Worship for Business
October 21, 2018 beginning promptly at 12:30
Agenda (see document links below)
- Opening Worship and Reading of the Ninth Query
- Care and Counsel Committee (Decision(s) Needed)
- Outreach Committee Annual Report
- Philadelphia Quarter Representatives Annual Report
- Property Commitee Annual Report
- Treasurer Annual Report
- Ad Hoc Committee on Racism
- Peace and Social Concerns Committee
- Approval of Minutes of September Meeting for Business
- November Annual Reports Due
- Nominating (officers)
- Easy Evens
- December--Property and House
- January--Worship and Ministry
- Reserved December Saturday (December 15) will not be released tomorrow for rentals but will be used for Christmas Breakfast setup.
- Closing Worship
Query for 10th Month -- Stewardship of the Environment
- Is the Meeting concerned that human interaction with nature be responsible, guided by a reverence for life and a sense of the splendor of God’s continuing creation?
- Are the decisions of the Meeting and its committees relating to the uses of property, goods, services, and energy made with sensitivity toward the environmental impact of those choices
- How does our Meeting learn about environmental concerns and then act in the community on its concerns?
- How am I helping to develop a social, economic, and political system which will nurture an environment which sustains and enriches life for all?
- Am I aware of the place of water, air, and soil in my life? Do I consider with care the necessity of purchasing substances hazardous to the environment? Do I act as a faithful steward of the environment in the use and disposal of such hazardous substances?
- Do I choose with care the use of technology and devices that truly simplify and add quality to my life without adding an undue burden to essential resources?