2018 -11 (November) Documents for Meeting for Business
Chestnut Hill Friends Meeting
Meeting for Worship for Business
18 November, 2018 beginning promptly at 12:30
Agenda (see document links below)
- Opening Worship and Reading of the Eleventh Query
- Care and Counsel Committee (Decision(s) Needed)
- Lancscape Committee Annual Report
- Nominating Committee Report (Decision(s) Needed)
- Philadelphia Quarter Representatives
- Property Committee Report
- Approval of Minutes of October Meeting for Business
- January Annual Reports Due
- Worship & Ministry
- Peace & Social Concerns
- Treasurer Quarterly Report
- Easy Evens
- December--Property and House
- January--Worship and Ministry
- February--Religious Education
- Reserved January Saturday (January 19) will be released tomorrow for rentals.
- Closing Worship
Query for 11th Month -- Stewardship of Resources
- Does our Meeting serve social and economic justice in its uses of property and money?
- How does our Meeting engage its members in the support of the Meeting’s work, its ministry, and the upkeep of its property?
- How does our Meeting engage its members in the support of the quarterly and yearly meetings and other Quaker organizations?
- To what extent does our Meeting rely on current members for financial support, and what role does endowment income serve? Does the Meeting consider carefully the appropriate role of invested funds?
- Am I clear that I am the steward, not the owner, of property in my care?
- Do I simplify my needs, making choices that balance self-sufficiency (to avoid unnecessary dependence on others) and fair sharing of resources? Do I make choices as a consumer that support the equitable distribution of income?
- Do my employment and other activities allow for use of time and energy in spiritual growth and in service to the Religious Society of Friends?
- Do I contribute generously within my means to the funding of the work of Friends in my Meeting, in the yearly meeting, and in the wider world of Friends?