2019 -01 (January) Documents for Meeting for Business
Chestnut Hill Friends Meeting
Meeting for Worship for Business
20 January, 2018 beginning promptly at 12:30
Agenda (see document links below)
- Opening Worship and Reading of the First Query
- Care and Counsel Committee (Decision(s) Needed)
- Worship & Ministry Annual Report
- Peace & Social Concerns Annual Report
- Approval of Minutes of November Meeting for Business
- February Annual Reports Due
- Easy Evens
- January--Worship and Ministry
- February--Religious Education
- March --
- Reserved March Saturday (March 19) will be released tomorrow for rentals.
- Closing Worship
Query for First Month -- Meeting for Worship
- Are our meetings for worship held in stilled, expectant waiting upon God?
- As we worship is there a living silence in which we are drawn together by the power of God in our midst?
- Is the spirit of our worship together one that nurtures all worshipers?
- How does our Meeting respond when the vocal ministry seems inappropriate, or when the meeting for worship is consistently not gathered?
- Do I faithfully attend meeting with heart and mind prepared for worship, clear of any predetermination to speak or not to speak, and expecting that worship will be a source of strength and guidance?
- Does worship deepen my relationship with God, increase my faithfulness, and refresh and renew my daily life, both inwardly and in my relationship with others?
- Have I experienced in worship that direct leading to listen or to speak, and have I been faithful to my own experience?