2019 -03 (March) Minutes for Meeting for Business DRAFT
Chestnut Hill Friends Meeting
Meeting for Worship for Business
17 March, 2019 beginning promptly at 12:30
Agenda (see document links below)
- Opening Worship and Reading of the First Query
- Care and Counsel Committee (Decision(s) Needed)
- Adult Class
- Nominating (committee appointments)
- Clerk's Questions
- Philadelphia Quarter Representatives
- Religious Education
- Peace & Social Concerns
- Finance Committee
- Approval of Minutes of February Meeting for Business
- April Annual Reports Due
- Care & Counsel
- Treasurer Quarterly Report
- Easy Evens
- April---Care and Counsel
- Clerks' Meeting, April 14 at 12:15 in the Worship Room
- Reserved May Saturday (May 18) will be released tomorrow for rentals.
- Closing Worship
Query for Third Month --
Spiritual Nurture, Ministry, and Religious Education
- Does our Meeting encourage the ministry of both word and deed? How does our Meeting recognize, develop, and nurture the gifts of our members and attenders of all ages?
- Does our Meeting prepare all its members and children for worship and for a way of life consistent with the principles of the Religious Society of Friends? How do we teach about Quaker practices in business and worship and their importance to the functioning of our Meeting community?
- In what ways do we support each other in order to seek God’s will and act upon our understanding of truth? Is there opportunity in our Meeting to share the excitement of religious discovery and the possiblity of religious transformation?
- Does our Meeting provide opportunities for all in the Meeting to learn about:
- the Inner Light, the living Christ within, the Bible, the writings of Friends, our Christian heritage, other religious traditions and their respective roles in the history and formation of Friends’ principles?
- the common testimonies Friends declare?
- the variety of expression Quaker faith takes today?
- Do I maintain as part of my personal and family life those daily practices that focus on continued spiritual growth, with disciplined worship, inward retirement, and communion with the divine spirit?
- Do I frequently read the Bible and other religious literature, including the records of the lives and experiences of Friends? Do I take the time to explore these resources with others, and likewise encourage my children?
- Do I share my own faith and spiritual journey, and encourage such sharing within my family?