2019 -04 (April) Documents for Meeting for Business
Chestnut Hill Friends Meeting
Meeting for Worship for Business
21 April 2019 beginning promptly at 12:15
Agenda (see document links below)
- Opening Worship and Reading of the Fourth Query
- Care & Counsel
- Treasurer Quarterly Report
- Philadelphia Quarter Representatives
- Ad hoc Committee on Racism
- Ad hoc Committee on Grants and Covenants
- Approval of Minutes of March Meeting for Business
- May Annual Reports Due
- First Day School
- Finance (approval of budget)
- Easy Evens
- July -- Office and Administration
- Clerks' Meeting, April 14 at 12:15 in the Worship Room
- Reserved June Saturday (June 22) will be released tomorrow for rentals.
- Property and Landscape committees will be holding a workday on Saturday morning, May 18th, in order to clean and restore the floor in the worship room, repaint some areas, do some pruning and cleanup outdoors, and other maintenance and repairs. Please watch for a signup sheet in the coming weeks
Query for the Fourth Month -- Care for the Meeting Community
- Care for one another: Are love and unity maintained among us? When conflicts exist, are they faced with patience, forbearance, and openness to healing? Are avenues for exploring differences kept open? To what extent does our Meeting ignore differences in order to avoid possible conflicts?
- Is the Meeting a safe, loving place? When we become aware of someone’s need, do we offer assistance? Are the meetinghouse and the Meeting property physically accessible to all?
- Do all adults and children in our Meeting receive our loving care and encouragement to share in the life of our Meeting, and to live as Friends? Do we truly welcome newcomers and include them in our Meeting community?
- When a member’s conduct or manner of living gives cause for concern, how does the Meeting respond?
- How does our Meeting keep in touch with all its members?
- Am I ready to offer assistance as part of my religious community serving its members? Am I equally willing to accept graciously the help of others?
- Do I recognize and face disagreements and other situations that put me in conflict with others? Do I manifest a spirit ready to give or receive forgiveness?
- Do I treat adults and children alike with respect and without condescension? Is my manner with visitors and attenders to my Meeting one of welcome?
- Care in my home: Is my home a place where all members of the family receive affection and understanding, and where visitors are welcome? Do I choose recreation and a manner of living that enriches the body, mind, and spirit; and shows a high regard for family, community, and creation?
- Is our family prepared to discuss such sensitive topics as death, faith, money, even sex and drugs, in a manner that allows openness and honesty, and also direction?
- How do I help to arrange life at home so that there is an opportunity for all to learn and absorb by example what it means to live a life of Spirit-led commitment?