2019 -10 (October) Minutes of Meeting for Business DRAFT
Meeting for Worship for Business
October 20, 2019 beginning promptly at 12:15
Agenda (see document links below)
- Opening Worship and Reading of the Ninth Query
Outreach Committee Annual Report
ad hoc Committee on Racism
Treasurer Quarterly Report
Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting Annual Report
Care & Counsel Committee
- ad hoc Committee for for Grants and Covenants
- November Annual Reports Due
- Property (held over from October)
- Peace & Social Concerns
- Nominating (new officers)
- Easy Evens
- October -- Adult RE
- November -- Landscape
- December -- Property and House
- Clerks' Meeting is January 19 at noon in the worship room
- Release Date for December 21 is tomorrow.
- Christmas Breakfast is December 8 with set up from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm on Saturday, December 7.
- Closing Worship
Query for 9th Month -- Grounding for Transformed Lives: Equality and Justice
- How does our meeting benefit from established patterns of prejudice, exploitation and economic convenience? What are we doing to change this?
- How and how often does our meeting engage in a self-examination of its attitudes and actions regarding race, ability, gender, sexual orientation or class?
- What steps are we taking as a meeting to inform ourselves about social injustice and ecological violence embedded in our political and economic systems?
- What steps are we taking as a meeting to assure that our meeting and the committees and institutions under our care are respectful of the earth and its people?
- Do I regularly examine myself for attitudes and behavior that indicate any hidden prejudice regarding race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or class?
- How do my lifestyle choices affect—positively or negatively—the causes of justice and peace in our nation, the community of nations and the whole of creation?
- How do I demonstrate in my way of living, and in what I teach my children, that love of God entails acknowledging “that of God in every person”?