2020 -01 (January)Meeting for Business Minutes Draft
Meeting for Worship for Business
January 19, 2020, 12:15pm
Agenda (see document links below)
- Opening Worship and Reading of the First Query
- Peace & Social Concerns
- Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting
- Worship & Ministry
- Treasurer Quarterly Report
- Clerk's Items
- Goldenberg Letter
- Grants and Covenants ad hoc working group
- Approval of November Minutes
- February Annual Reports Due
- Office & Admin
- Easy Evens
- January -- Worship & Ministry
- February -- Religious Education
- March -- Peace & social Concerns
- Clerks' Meeting is April 26 at noon in the worship room (originally scheduled for April 12 which is Easter)
- Release Date for March 21 is tomorrow.
- Closing Worship
Query for 1st Month -- Meeting for Worship
- Are our meetings for worship held in stilled, expectant waiting upon God?
- As we worship is there a living silence in which we are drawn together by the power of God in our midst?
- Is the spirit of our worship together one that nurtures all worshipers?
- How does our Meeting respond when the vocal ministry seems inappropriate, or when the meeting for worship is consistently not gathered?
- Do I faithfully attend meeting with heart and mind prepared for worship, clear of any predetermination to speak or not to speak, and expecting that worship will be a source of strength and guidance?
- Does worship deepen my relationship with God, increase my faithfulness, and refresh and renew my daily life, both inwardly and in my relationship with others?
- Have I experienced in worship that direct leading to listen or to speak, and have I been faithful to my own experience?