2020-02 (February) Documents for Meeting for Business
Meeting for Worship for Business
February 16, 2020, 12:15pm
Agenda (see document links below)
- Opening Worship and Reading of the Second Query
- Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting
- Office & Adminstration
- Peace & Social Concerns
- Peace & Social Concerns Grants
- Approval of January Minutes
- March Annual Reports Due
- Adult Class
- Easy Evens
- February -- Religious Education
- March -- Peace & Social Concerns
- April -- Care and Counsel
- Clerks' Meeting is April 26 at noon in the worship room (originally scheduled for April 12 which is Easter)
- The Property Committee says that the grant request for gutter repairs was submitted on February 1.
- Release Date for April 18 is tomorrow.
- Closing Worship
Query for 2nd Month -- Meeting for Business
- Is our meeting for business held in the spirit of a meeting for worship in which we seek divine guidance?
- Are we careful to keep in the spirit of worship each of the concerns that emerge, whether of nurture, of Spirit, of social concerns, of property, or of finance?
- Are Meeting decisions directed by prayerful consideration of all aspects of an issue and are difficult problems considered carefully with patient search for truth, unhurried by the pressures of time?
- How do we respond if we notice the meeting has lost an understanding of the presence of God?
- Do we recognize that we speak through our inaction as well as our action?
- Do I regularly attend meeting for business and in a spirit of love and unity? If unable to attend, how do I attend to my responsibility?
- Do I consider prayerfully the many concerns that are lifted up on any issue, acknowledging that the search for truth in unity involves what God requires, being open to personal transformation as the community arrives at the sense of the meeting?