2020-05 (May) Documents for Meeting for Business
Meeting for Worship for Business
May 17, 2020, 12:15pm
Agenda (see document links below)
- Opening Worship and Reading of the Fifth Query
- Clerk's Report
- Tuition Assistance
- Finance Proposed Budget
- Care & Counsel
- Peace & Social Concerns (decision needed)
- ad hoc Committee on Racism (decision needed)
- PIHN (decision needed)
- Philadelphia Quarter
- Discernment- PYM and Quarterly Meeting Covenants
- April Minutes for Approval
- May Annual Reports Due
- First Day School
- Finance (approval of budget)
- The meetinghouse will not be used as a polling place in the Pennsylvania primary on June 2.
- All rentals at the meetinghouse have been cancelled through June 4 so far.
- Release Date for June 20 is tomorrow. Any requests will be held as tentative.
Query for the 5th Month --Nurturing Our Community: Religious Education in the Home and Meeting
- How does our meeting prepare its members, attenders and children for worship, for the conduct of its business and for a way of life consistent with the principles of the Religious Society of Friends?
- What opportunities do we provide for all in the meeting to learn about Friends’ history, practices and testimonies, the Judeo-Christian tradition, the life and teachings of Jesus, and other religious traditions?
- How does our meeting’s religious education program provide experiential learning that enhances the sense of belonging to our worshipping community?
- How do I help create a home where all members of the family receive affection and understanding and where visitors are welcome?
- How does my manner of living enrich body, mind and spirit; enable all to learn what it means to live a life of Spirit-led commitment; and demonstrate a high regard for family, community and the integrity of creation?
- How do I engage with my family and others who are dear to me regarding such sensitive topics as death, faith, money, sex and drugs?