2022 - September Meeting for Business Documents
Meeting for Worship for Business
September 18, 2022 at 12:15 pm
Hybrid - Attend in person or join via Zoom
Agenda (See documents attached below)
- Opening Worship
- Reading of the Land Acknowledgement Statement
- Reading of Query for the Ninth Month
- Clerk’s Report
- Treasurer’s Annual Report on Fiscal Year 2021-2022
- Finance Committee: Proposed policy changes
- Peace & Social Concerns
- Follow-up to survey on racial justice actions
- Request for approval of three donations first presented in June
- PIHN Committee Annual Report
- Religious Education Committee Annual Report
- Tuition Assistance Annual Report
- Minutes for Approval: June
- Reports due in October
- Outreach Annual Report
- Property and House Annual Report
- Quarterly Finance Report
- Religious Education Annual Report
- Release date for Nov 19 (3rd Sat) is tomorrow
- Closing Worship
Query for the Ninth Month
Grounding for Transformed Lives: Equality and Justice
- How does our meeting benefit from established patterns of prejudice, exploitation and economic convenience? What are we doing to change this?
- How and how often does our meeting engage in a self-examination of its attitudes and actions regarding race, ability, gender, sexual orientation or class?
- What steps are we taking as a meeting to inform ourselves about social injustice and ecological violence embedded in our political and economic systems?
- What steps are we taking as a meeting to assure that our meeting and the committees and institutions under our care are respectful of the earth and its people?
- Do I regularly examine myself for attitudes and behavior that indicate any hidden prejudice regarding race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or class?
- How do my lifestyle choices affect—positively or negatively—the causes of justice and peace in our nation, the community of nations and the whole of creation?
- How do I demonstrate in my way of living, and in what I teach my children, that love of God entails acknowledging “that of God in every person”?