2023- January Meeting for Business Documents
Meeting for Worship for Business
January 15, 2023 at 12:15 pm
Hybrid - Attend in person or join via Zoom
Agenda (See documents attached below)
- Opening Worship
- Reading of the Land Acknowledgement Statement
- Reading of Query for the First Month
- Clerk’s Report
- Care and Counsel: First Reading of Membership Request
- Peace and Social Concerns Annual Report
- Worship and Ministry Annual Report
- Worship and Ministry: Annual Report from the Support and Accountability Committee for Eileen Flanagan
- Minutes for Approval: November
- Reports due in February
- Nominating: Draft roster of committee members
- Office and Administration Annual Report
- Recorder Annual Report
- Skyspace Annual Report
- Treasurer Quarterly Finance Report
- Release date for March 18 (3rd Sat) is tomorrow
- Closing Worship
Query for the First Month: Deepening Our Faith – Meeting for Worship
- Are our meetings for worship held in stilled, expectant waiting upon God?
- As we worship in the living silence, are we drawn together by the power of God in our midst? Do we experience a deep reverence for the integrity of creation?
- How does our worship nurture all worshipers, creating a deeper sense of community?
- How does our meeting encourage vocal ministry that spiritually nurtures the worshiping community?
- Do I faithfully attend meeting with heart and mind prepared for worship, clear of any predetermination to speak or not to speak, expecting that worship will be a source of strength and guidance?
- Does worship deepen my relationship with God, increase my faithfulness and refresh and renew my daily life, both inwardly and in my relationships with other persons and with all of creation?
- Does worship enhance my capacity for attentive, non-judgmental listening to others?
- How does participation in meeting for worship contribute to my life-long spiritual journey?