PIHN (Philadelphia Interfaith Hospitality Network) is currently providing shelter for homeless families, and also emergency assistance to over 100 families to help them from becoming homeless because of the pandemic effects. Are you able to help with any of what is needed?
1. Cash donations via PIHN website: http://www.philashelter.org. The money helps pay rent and buy food for the shelter families and other families in need now.
2. Pro bono services: psychotherapists, teachers, contractors, lawyers, accountants, marketing, etc. Contact PIHN directly.
3. Non-perishables: food items, feminine hygiene products, soap, shampoo, and cleaning supplies for their guests. High on their list are healthy snacks for children, tuna, peanut butter and jelly, spaghetti and sauce and canned goods such as vegetable and beans. Back-to- school supplies. Donations can be dropped off at 114 Erdenheim Road, Glenside Pa 19038 between 5pm-7pm Tuesday and Thursday. The front porch will be unlocked and you can leave your items there for a contact-less donation. If these times aren't convenient, please call 215-233-4317 to make other arrangements.
Also, staff are at PIHN's location two days a week to receive donations. Contact PIHN for schedule days and times.
Maybe ask your children to help pick out the non-perishable items, to include them in the giving process.
4. Drivers to deliver items to families. Contact PIHN directly.
5. Creative ideas to help transform PIHN’s main in-person fund-raising events, The Empty Bowl and Empty Plate Dinners and the 5K Run, into online-virtual events. Contact PIHN directly.
6. Used desktop, laptop, air conditioner and fans
7. Board Committee Members
8. Fix-up-day at PIHN Office
9. Acme and Walmart gift cards.