Query for Twelfth Month
Public ContentAnyone can view this post
12. Integrity and Simplicity
- What does our Meeting understand to be the meaning and implication of our testimonies on simplicity and integrity?
- How do our Meeting’s actions demonstrate this understanding?
- As a Meeting, what are we doing to encourage members to embody integrity and simplicity in their everyday lives?
- How do I strive to maintain the integrity of my inner and outer lives—in my spiritual journey, my work, and my family responsibilities? How do I manage my commitments so that overcommitment, worry, and stress do not diminish my integrity?
- Am I temperate in all things? Am I open to counsel and advice on overindulgence and addictive behavior, such as gambling? Do I take seriously the hazards associated with addictive and mood-altering substances?
- Am I careful to speak truth as I know it and am I open to truth spoken to me? Am I mindful that judicial oaths imply a double standard of truth?
- Do I refrain from membership in organizations whose purposes and methods compromise our testimonies?
Source: Philadelphia Yearly Meeting's "Faith and Practice"