Query for Ninth Month
- What are we doing as a Meeting to communicate our presence and our principles to the community around us? Does our Meeting’s ministry of outreach lead Friends to share their spiritual experiences with others?
- What are we doing to invite persons not in membership to attend our meetings for worship and to encourage their continued attendance? How does the Meeting welcome visitors? Are we sensitive to the needs and hesitations of each visitor?
- Are we tender to the needs of isolated Friends and Meetings, and to nearby Meetings seeking support?
- How do I ground myself in the understandings of my faith? Am I clear about my beliefs? How do I prepare myself to share my faith and beliefs with others?
- Does my manner of life as a Friend attract others to our religious society?
- Do I seize opportunities to tell others about the Religious Society of Friends and invite them to worship with us?
- Is my manner with visitors and attenders to our Meeting one of welcome?
- In what ways does our Meeting respond to opportunities to join with other faiths in worship, in social action, and in spiritual dialogue?
- How does our Meeting encourage its members to seek opportunities to meet and work with Friends world wide?
- What opportunities have I taken to know people from different religious and cultural backgrounds, to worship with them, and to work with them on common concerns?
- What opportunities have I taken to know, to work, and to worship with Friends outside of my own Meeting?
Please consider before you comment
As you participate and comment on topics in this discussion, before you click submit, pause for a moment to reflect and listen deeply to Spirit.
Participation on this board is to be carried out in the spirit of Friends. This is a place to respectfully ask difficult questions, share experiences, feelings and perspectives around these issues, as well as to listen deeply to others and Spirit. Please be constructive and mutually respectful even in the midst of differing perspectives. The moderator retains the right to delete inappropriate comments.