Durham Friends Meeting
Welcome to the Durham Friends Meeting (Quaker)
- We are a community of people who gather for worship and fellowship on Sunday mornings, and who attempt to carry the experience of spiritual centeredness and guidance into their lives during the week.
- All are welcome to join us as we worship in the traditional “unprogrammed” manner of Friends. We have no ritual, liturgy, creed, sermon or prepared music.
- All of our activities are organized and conducted by our members and volunteers. We have no paid clergy or staff.
- Durham Meeting was founded in 1937. It is affiliated both with North Carolina Yearly Meeting (Conservative) and with the Friends General Conference through its local affiliate, Piedmont Friends Fellowship.
- We welcome your inquiry or visit!
A list of upcoming Meeting events scheduled updated monthly (also, search "Meeting Calendar").
The Finance Committee seeks to assist Meeting Committees in their stewardship of Meeting funds through providing a dedicated Finance Committee Liaison to each who can answer questions about our flexible budgeting process, help with reimbursements
Early History of Durham Meeting
Founding and Early Years
December 10th and 12th are DFM's opportunities to share dinner with families and host them overnight with Interfaith Hospitality Netowork in October! Dinner volunteers should have dinner ready by 6pm and overnight hosts should arrive by 8.
Durham Friends Meeting is hosting dinner at the homeless shelter. Volunteers are needed to provide chili, salad, cornbread, and dessert, as well as to serve dinner.
October 8th and 10th are DFM's opportunities to share dinner with families and host them overnight with Interfaith Hospitality Netowork in October! Dinner volunteers should have dinner ready by 6pm and overnight hosts should arrive by 8.
Worship with us!
- 8:30- 9:30 am: Early Worship.
- 10:00-11:00 am: Meeting for Worship.
- 10:15-11:00 am: Programs for Children.
- 11:00-11:45 am: Welcome, announcements & fellowship.
- 11:45am: Forum or other event when scheduled (search "Meeting Calendar").
In addition, we support a nearby worship group:
Hillsborough Worship Group
Sundays, 11:00 am-12:00 noon at
Hillsborough Yoga and Healing Arts
121 W. Margaret Lane, Hillsborough, NC
Contact Worship Group by email.