Durham Friends Meeting
Welcome to the Durham Friends Meeting (Quaker)
- We are a community of people who gather for worship and fellowship on Sunday mornings, and who attempt to carry the experience of spiritual centeredness and guidance into their lives during the week.
- All are welcome to join us as we worship in the traditional “unprogrammed” manner of Friends. We have no ritual, liturgy, creed, sermon or prepared music.
- All of our activities are organized and conducted by our members and volunteers. We have no paid clergy or staff.
- Durham Meeting was founded in 1937. It is affiliated both with North Carolina Yearly Meeting (Conservative) and with the Friends General Conference through its local affiliate, Piedmont Friends Fellowship.
- We welcome your inquiry or visit!
A list of upcoming Meeting events scheduled updated monthly (also, search "Meeting Calendar").
Ten years ago, we built a new Meetinghouse and completed what we could with what resources the Spirit brought forth at the time.
This page is under development. A future version will document the history of buildings on our campus.
Sunday March 8, 4-6p at the Meeting House
Thursday, March 12, 2015, 7PM
Shepherds House Church, 107 N. Driver Street, Durham
It's our chance again to host families with Interfaith Hospitality Network! Our dates are March 11 and 13 and activities will take place at Aldersgate UMC on Umstead Road.
The Finance Committee seeks to assist Meeting Committees in their stewardship of Meeting funds through providing a dedicated Finance Committee Liaison to each who can answer questions about our flexible budgeting process, help with reimbursements
Worship with us!
- 8:30- 9:30 am: Early Worship.
- 10:00-11:00 am: Meeting for Worship.
- 10:15-11:00 am: Programs for Children.
- 11:00-11:45 am: Welcome, announcements & fellowship.
- 11:45am: Forum or other event when scheduled (search "Meeting Calendar").
In addition, we support a nearby worship group:
Hillsborough Worship Group
Sundays, 11:00 am-12:00 noon at
Hillsborough Yoga and Healing Arts
121 W. Margaret Lane, Hillsborough, NC
Contact Worship Group by email.