FFM Email List Guidance
Frederick Friends Meeting
Guidance on using the Meeting email list
The email list guidance is being updated in January 2021 in order to communicate a change in policy.
The Meeting uses several Google Groups for email distribution.
The primary one is the FFM Announcement listserv: [email@example.com]
We have adjusted the FFM Announcement listserv to be limited to posts from users in the following roles:
- The Meeting Clerking Team
- The Clerk of Ministry and Counsel
- The List Administrator
No other users will be allowed to post. Although, you can reply to the sender.
Everyone in the FFM Directory as well as those who have asked to receive information from us have been added to this listserv automatically. You may ask to be removed at any time, or if you are not receiving these emails and would like to, please email The List Administrator at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
We envision several emails per month which would include the Zoom link for Meetings for Worship and Business, Queries for the month, Agenda for upcoming Meeting for Business and the Minutes of that Meeting, and other important announcements related to Frederick Friends Meeting.
Another google group used for email distribution is the Discussion listserv: [email@example.com]
You may ask to be removed at any time, or if you are not receiving these emails and would like to, please email The List Administrator at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
All users in this group can post. However, please adhere to the following guidance when posting:
- Do not forward emails without the approval of the person or group that sent you the email. When approved, forward the content but not the names and email addresses on the original email.
- Do not include other individuals or groups in the message you send to the list. Doing so violates the privacy of those individuals who are not on our list.
- All messages should be respectful and courteous. Language should not be inflammatory or disrespectful.
- Do not use the email list to promote particular political candidates or partisan political groups.
- Do not attach large files (files greater than 1 megabyte).
We hope that these considerations encourage the appropriate use of all email lists and allow it to be a source of Light for those who receive it, rather than a burden. In order to keep the email list a useful resource for all, the List Administrator reserves the right to unsubscribe anyone who repeatedly sends messages deemed inappropriate for the purpose of this email list.