Updated Guidance on Use of FFM email lists
Frederick Friends Meeting
Guidance on using the Meeting email lists
(Content approved January 2021 - edited for clarity November 2022)
The Meeting uses several Google Groups for email distribution. They are FFM Announcements (email@example.com) and FFM Discussion (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The FFM Announcement listserv is used for posts from users in the following roles:
- The Meeting Clerking Team
- The Clerk of Ministry and Counsel
- The List Administrator
No other users will be allowed to post, although anyone can reply to the sender.
We envision several emails per month, which would include the Zoom link for Meetings for Worship and Business, Queries for the month, Agenda for upcoming Meeting for Business, and the Minutes of that Meeting, and other important announcements related to Frederick Friends Meeting.
Everyone in the FFM Directory as well as those who have asked to receive information from us have been added to this listserv. You may ask to be removed at any time, or if you are not receiving these emails and would like to, please email The List Administrator at [email@example.com].
The FFM Discussion group is available for posts by anyone who is in the group, and recipients are invited to reply to the sender or to everyone in the group. You may ask to be removed at any time, or if you are not receiving these emails and would like to, please email The List Administrator at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
In posting a message, please adhere to the following guidance:
- Do not forward emails without the approval of the person or group that sent you the email. When approved, forward the content but not the names and email addresses on the original email.
- Do not include other individuals or groups in the message you send to the list. Doing so violates the privacy of those individuals who are not on our list.
- All messages should be respectful and courteous. Language should not be inflammatory or disrespectful.
- Do not use the email list to promote particular political candidates or partisan political groups.
- Do not attach large files (files greater than 1 megabyte).
We hope that these considerations encourage the appropriate use of all email lists and allow them to be a source of Light for those who receive it, rather than a burden. In order to keep the email list a useful resource for all, the List Administrator reserves the right to unsubscribe anyone who repeatedly sends messages deemed inappropriate for the purpose of the lists.