Heartland Friends Meeting
- All people have access to “that of God” within them;
- Although our roots are in Christianity, truth can be found in other sources.
We practice the Quaker testimonies:
- Truth, meaning integrity of word and deed and the seeking of Truth;
- Simplicity, meaning keeping our attention on what is important to us and minimizing distractions;
- Equality of all people before God;
- Peace. We seek to live in a spirit of peace and work to remove the causes of war.
We worship by listening for the Spirit.
Heartland Friends makes available teachers trained in the Montessori-inspired Faith & Play and Godly Play curricula for storytelling and religious education with children during worship on the first and third Sundays of each month.
Come worship in the manner of Friends as we celebrate the birth of Jesus! Gather around 7:15 pm. Candlelight service begins at 7:30. Enjoy fellowship and refreshments afterward. Bring your friends and family.
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.; Meditation – 6:30 p.m.; 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
Heartland Friends find themselves in a cohesive, relaxed and focused fellowship after several years of transitions and deep discernment. The loss of eldership as members passed on and our maturing from the energy of building construction to the n
An alternative Memorial Day activity, Monday, May 30 from 12:00-2:00 p.m. in Riverside Park (at the Gazebo) in Wichita. Location changed, see below. Bring a picnic lunch for yourself and those coming with you.
GREAT PLAINS YEARLY MEETING 2016
JUNE 2-4, 2016
at University Friends Meeting in Wichita, KS
(1840 W University Ave; Wichita, KS 67213)
In honor of hail, tornado watches and warnings, this film screening has been postponed to Wednesday, April 27, at 7 p.m.
Worship with us!
Meeting for Worship Sundays at 10:45 a.m.
Children's program on 1st and 3rd Sundays
Carry-in Brunch 2nd Sunday at 9:30 a.m.
Business Meeting 2nd Sunday at noon
Education Hour Most Sundays at 9:30 a.m.
Clerk: Angela Young, (316) 682-8735
Email: [email protected]