Committees & Concerns
Northern Yearly Meeting depends on committees to do the work of the organization!
Committees function with the oversight of the committee convenor, use all of the current means of communication – electronic, media, phone conferencing, etc. – as well as in person meetings to accomplish their work, and report to their work to the larger body during Interim Sessions or at the Yearly Meeting Business sessions.
Committee work is a great context in which to meet and enjoy the different personalities within our community, enlarge our friendships and our sense of connection to the wider community of Friends. In this work we minister to one another as well as to the Yearly Meeting, especially if we are conscious to include the power of spirit as we consider, individually or corporately, what we are called to do.
Officers, committee members and clerks, and representatives to Quaker organizations are nominated by the Nominating Committee and are subject to approval of the body at annual session. The exceptions to this practice are Nominating Committee, whose members and clerk are named by the Naming Committee; and Naming Committee members, whose members are identified by the Clerk.
- Clerk (or Presiding Clerk) Email: [email protected]
- Assistant Clerk
- Recording Clerk
- Treasurer ([email protected])
- Advancement & Outreach
- Annual Sessions Planning
- Children & Youth
- Communications: Monthly NYM e-News submissions: [email protected], NYM Journal submissions: [email protected]
- Faith & Practice
- Nominating (Email: [email protected])
- NYM/El Salvador Yearly Meeting
Representatives to wider Friends organizations
- American Friends Services Committee (AFSC)
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL)
- Friends General Conference (FGC)
- Friends for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, & Queer Concerns (FLGBTQ)
- Friends World Committee for Consultation (FWCC) - Section of the Americas
- Quaker Earthcare Witness (QEW)
- Scattergood School
- Friends Peace Teams