'Let it Shine' this January 23, 2022. Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting- hosted by Monthly Meeting of Friends of Philadelphia
Register Here for January 23rd, 2022 Winter session of PQM.
Gather with Friends across Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting to connect with dear friends and make new connections. Join us for the whole day or the portions you are able to attend:
10:30 AM Meeting for Worship
- Your registration confirmation email provides a zoom invite to join our host, MMFP / Arch Street Friends for worship.
1 - 4 PM Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting convenes
- The winter session opens with the program, followed by our business meeting. Details below:
Quaker Worship In the Time of Covid: What Have We Learned?
Our host meeting, the Monthly Meeting of the Friends of Philadelphia / MMFP (aka Arch Street Friends) has organized this timely program, expected to run about one hour. Friends across PQM will speak on what we have learned from meeting for worship during Covid-19 pandemic. We'll look at what meetings are doing now and what's next for our Quaker communities. Bring your questions, concerns and tips to share.
Nancy Love, Clerk of MMFP will moderate the panel of speakers and open discussion format.
Speakers are being invited from meetings in PQM. Confirmed panelists include the following friends. We will update this page as others confirm their participation.
- Bruce Birchard, Clerk Worship & Ministry Committee, Central Philadelphia Monthly Meeting
- Carol Clark, Clerk of Unity Monthly Meeting
- Rebecca Heider, Clerk Worship & Ministry Committee, Chestnut Hill Friends Meeting
- Rob Smith, serves on Worship & Ministry Committee, Germantown Monthly Meeting
- Walter Hjelt Sullivan, serves on Worship & Ministry Committee, Green Street Friends Meeting
A companion resource page will be uploaded to this site by 1/23/2020. Friends are welcome to share recommendations at [email protected].
PQM Meeting for Business
The preliminary agenda includes:
- Nominations for officer positions
- Minute celebrating Ujima Friends Meeting's formation
- News of the Quarterly Meeting
- and more!
A more complete agenda will be uploaded to this site soon.
Contact Kathleen Karhnak-Glasby, PQM clerk, at [email protected] with questions or suggestions.
Don't forget to Register - we look forward to seeing you!
NOTE: Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting (PQM) meets quarterly, four times a year, on the fourth Sunday of January, April and October, and generally on the third Sunday in July. All are welcome!