April 2023: The Loving Earth Project Visits Sacramento
In 2019 the Quaker Arts Network invited people to create fabric
panels that express their love and concern for a world endangered by
environmental change. Loving Earth Project has grown to include over
four hundred panels from all over the world and was listed as one of
the best cultural events in Scotland for COP26, the UN Climate Change
Conference. A portion of the exhibit will be in Sacramento during all
The Loving Earth Project has helped people of all ages engage
creatively and constructively with climate change issues without
becoming overwhelmed. The exhibit also shares positive examples of
how people are taking action. The Loving Earth Project UK
For details about planned activities, visit location websites.
• Sacramento Friends Meeting — Panels will be shared and
discussed at the rise of Meeting for Worship, 11am.
• Sacramento Museum of Science and Curiosity — This is a
wonderful new venue with interactive exhibits for children of
all ages. The panels will hang in the main corridor leading to
their nature & environment wing.
• Atrium 916 — This Creative Innovation Center for
Sustainability in Old Sacramento offers a circular economy
marketplace for Sacramento-made products. Visitors can enjoy the display and have time to
respond with drawings or poems to add to the exhibit.
• Unitarian Universalist Society of Sacramento — Panels will be on display in the main hall.
• Effie Yeaw Nature Center — Panels will be accompanied by weekend educational programming
and activities for children.
• St. Anthony Parish — A smaller traveling exhibit will be on display before and after masses.
• Sacramento Earth Day 2023 — A full day of activities
Quaker Cloud, a service provided by FGC