News & Notes for April 2014
Greetings! Here is the Meeting's “News and Notes” for April 2014. If you have any items for the May edition, please email them to me before April 28th.
-Christa Farmer (editor) [email protected]
Westbury Meeting Calendar:
Sunday, April 6th, 10:00am Spiritual Journeys, in the Meeting House
This month Michael Mascari will share his spiritual journey. Everyone is invited.
- Tuesday, April 8th, 6:30pm Pot Luck Discussion, in the Community Center
Everyone is welcome to attend. Dinner is from 6:30 – 7:30 pm. Discussion from 7:30 – 9:00 pm (at times ending about 8:30 pm) You are invited to bring a dish. If your address ends in an even number please bring a salad or dessert. If your address ends in an odd number please bring a main dish or starter dish. The discussion article is "A Simple Life"- a copy can be emailed to you if you write to [email protected]
- Saturday April 12th, 9am – 1pm: WMM Work Day
We plan to oil the meeting house floor and/or begin outdoor cleanup, weather permitting.
- Sunday April 13th, 10:00-10:55am Contemplative Singing, in the Meeting House
These gatherings are designed to help us center down & prepare for silent worship. Simple, gentle songs will be taught & sung a capella. You don’t need to know how to read music. Drop in anytime. Hope you can join us! Next sing: Sunday, May 11th (the 2nd & 5th Sundays of each month) Questions? Ann Bassett-Short ([email protected] )
- Sunday April 13th: Meeting for Business.
Elizabeth Enloe will present the annual Head of School Report and be available for questions, and there will be a discussion of the WFS Audit Report, previously distributed.
- Tuesday April 15th, 5:30pm: Buildings and Grounds Committee meeting.
- Thursday, May 8th: Golf Outing and Dinner fundraiser for the school.
Please mark your calendar and start thinking of high quality goods and services you could donate to the auction.
- Saturday May 17th: Family Barn Dance (co-sponsored by the Meeting).
Children are free and admission is $7 for adults.
- The nominating committee is meeting and will be contacting members and attenders for committees that will have members rotating out and be brought forward in June. -Jim Darragh, Clerk
From the School Board:
- Friday April 4th: Grandparents/Grandfriends Day.
- The Nursery and Pre-K children are going to a performance of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" this month at Tillis, LIU Post.
- The garden beds have been turned for spring planting by the children.