Workshops offer Gathering attenders the opportunity to be immersed in a topic with other interested Friends. Attenders stay in the same workshop throughout the week, helping form a mini-community within the Gathering.
Each workshop meets from 9:00-11:45 AM each weekday. Most workshops include worship or worship-sharing each day.
Short descriptions for the 2016 workshops should be available online by January 1.
Read how to submit a 2016 workshop proposal due by September 30, 2015.
Help us identify powerful workshops!
Friends General Conference is actively seeking workshop proposals for the 2016 Gathering of Friends.
• Submit a workshop proposal.
• Send suggestions of possible workshop topics or leaders to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Encourage Friends to submit workshop proposals. (Send them the weblink or proposal form.)
• Provide spiritual and emotional support to a Friend who is submitting a proposal.
Queries as you discern whether to propose a workshop for the Gathering or to support others in following their leadings:
• How is the Spirit moving through us and transforming us as individuals and as a Religious Society?
• Are we giving witness to this transformation?
• What needs to happen at this Gathering so that our lives and our Religious Society continue to reflect the work of the Spirit?