Registration for the 2019 FGC Gathering will open in April, 2019. Please return to this page then! The below information was for the 2018 Gathering
How to Register
Read these tips before beginning online registration--then click the "Register for the 2018 Gathering" link at the bottom of the page. (more registration details.)
Decisions to Make Before Registering
When you have made these ten decisions and prepared your email inbox for our messages, expect to spend 30 minutes to register one person, and 10-15 minutes for each subsequent person.
- Are you attending a pre-Gathering event? You may register now and return until June 10 to add any of these events.
- Adult Young Friends Retreat
- Retreat for People of Color and their Families
- Quakers & Business Conference
- Choose your first choice workshop. The workshop you register for is the workshop you'll be in at the Gathering. Workshops that are full will not be listed on the registration form.
- Choose housing and a meal plan for each person.
- Full-time, half-time, or part-time? On-campus housing is only available for full-time and half-time registrants. High School and Junior Gathering participants must be full-time and attend the entire Gathering.
- Arrival date. The Gathering begins Sunday July 1. Friends are welcome to arrive as early as Friday June 29. Read the conditions for High School early arrivals. (Still confused? Read more about when to arrive.)
- Email Address for all those you are registering. Individual email addresses are used for identification and evaluation.
- Do you have a reliable email address? Please list addresses for each individual. This saves FGC money and time, and you can receive important Gathering information quickly.
- Want paper correspondence mailed to you? Use [email protected]org if you do not use reliable email.
- Want your older children to receive correspondence directly? Put their email addresses with their name, and list your own as the “copy to” address to receive a copy of any information to them.
- Want to receive all email for your children? List your own email address as theirs. If you want another parent or a sponsor to receive email as well, you can list that person's address as the "copy to" address.
- Emergency Contact : Who do you want us to contact in the event of an emergency? It should be someone NOT coming to the Gathering. We will ask you for a name and phone number. You can additionally list an emergency contact who will also be at the Gathering (optional for adults.)
- Volunteering? Every teenage and adult registrant is asked to volunteer for at least two hours. The Gathering's success depends on the volunteer efforts of many. All Gathering attenders can sign up to volunteer when they register, or at the Lend-A-Hand table at the Gathering. See our volunteer job list for advance options. More service opportunities will be available when you check in.
- Financial aid needs? How much do you need to attend? What have you asked your meeting? What amount are you requesting from FGC?
- Any donations? There will be an opportunity to decide whether you want to donate toward Gathering scholarships, the Bayard Rustin Fund, and/or the Green Meeting House Fund. If there is something different you had in mind for a donation, please contact the FGC Development Office.
Some Gathering registrants found that they missed important information because our emails went to their spam folder. We’ve made some changes to improve email delivery, but we need your help! Please take five minutes now to help us keep our emails out of your spam folder. You are not registered until you receive the Gathering registration confirmation letter!
If you are having troubles registering online, don't panic! Here are some tips:
- Scroll to the top of your screen to look for a red error message. If you missed answering a required question or didn’t used the required format (such as including a space or a letter when a number is required), the form won’t let you proceed to the next page.
- We recommend registering from a laptop or desktop, rather than from a mobile device.
- Click “save” at the bottom of the registration page before going to look up information on the FGC website, and before continuing to the next page on your registration form.
- Having trouble making a partial payment on your credit card? Click “Needs staff processing (aid, refunds, adjustments)” as your payment option and call us next week with your credit card information.
- If you accidentally charge the wrong amount to your credit card and you already clicked “Finish” please send us an email with the correct amount. We can cancel the wrong payment and make the correct payment for you. (Do not email your credit card number!! Just explain the error and the correct amount to charge.)
- If the form won’t let you finish and you can’t figure out why, click save and email [email protected] with a description of the problem. If you start the form during early registration and email us about a problem, we can complete the form for you on Monday. You will still be included as an early registrant.
- Having trouble getting through to us by phone? We're probably on another line. Please leave a message so that we can contact you. Email is also helpful in communicating registration problems.
- Read the next set of tips, too!
- Take two deep breaths before selecting "Save and Next" at the bottom of each page of the registration form.
While you wait, you may see some new questions appear!
- Guests: Did you register for the 2017 Gathering with guests and choose to save their information? New this year - your saved guest information can be accessed and used to register your guests! On the "Guest Information" page, click the button "Add Previous Guest" to re-use their contact information.
- Steps to ensure your return to an incomplete registration. If you must leave your registration for more than 30 minutes before it is complete (1) click SAVE and (2) then close your browser window. When you return to our registration form, you must enter exactly the same name, email and contact type (age group) that you entered the first time. The form only saves information you entered for seven days, so please don't wait too long to finish the form!
You Only Know You've Registered When...
... you receive a Gathering registration confirmation email from [email protected] or [email protected] See "allow Gathering email" to make sure you receive the confirmation. If you do not receive the confirmation email, contact the Gathering Office for help.
Register for the 2018 Gathering
- If you registered by clicking "yes" on an email invitation, about an hour after you closed your browser window you should receive an email with a link that allows you to resume your registration anytime in the following week.
- If you registered through a link on our website, it might take up to three days to receive an e-mail with a link to return to your registration. However, you can re-enter your registration at any time if you go back to our form and enter the exact same name, e-mail, and contact type so that our system can recognize you.
- Having difficulty completing your registration? Answer questions to the best of your ability, complete the registration, and call or e-mail the Gathering Office to modify your registration (e.g., change an answer, add a person, add a pre-Gathering event).
- How to modify your complete registration. You may return to your complete registration to change housing and meals (until May 31 without a fee), add a pre-Gathering event (until June 10), or to make other changes (until May 31 without a fee). Read more.
- If you are travelling with a motorized scooter or wheelchair over 800lbs and need an airport or Amtrak shuttle, please contact the Gathering Office before June 1st.
- The Gathering Meal Plans begin with dinner on Sunday July 1. Pre-Gathering meals at the college cafeteria from Friday supper through Sunday lunch can be purchased on site with US dollars or a credit card. There are not refrigerators on campus that we can use for food.