Connect with Friends and go deeper in your spiritual experience with these upcoming virtual events in August, presented by FGC Friends, Pendle Hill, the Quaker Religious Education Collaborative, and more. You're also invited to FGC's ongoing worship opportunities (check them out here).
August 14th and 28th (every other Friday): Open House for Friends of Color, 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT. Learn more and register.
August 26th: Meeting Support - Encouraging Generosity and Giving, 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT. Learn more and register.
Affiliated Yearly Meeting Events
Southeastern Yearly Meeting (register for both events here):
- August 8th: Saturday morning worship sharing, 10:00am ET/7:00am PT.
- August 25th: The ‘No Way to Treat a Child’ Campaign, presented by Kody Hersh, Cece Yocum, and Joan Culver. Co-sponsored by AFSC. 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT.
Quaker Partner Organization Events
Beacon Hill Friends House and Friends Meeting at Cambridge presents Letting Our Lives Speak - August 20th & 21st, 2:00pm ET/11:00am PT both days. Learn more and register.
Pendle Hill Online Workshops:
- August 10th to October 26th: Working Towards Right Relationship with Indigenous Peoples, second and fourth Mondays in August to October. Co-sponsored by Canadian Friends Service Committee, Decolonizing Quakers, and Friends Peace Teams/Toward Right Relationship with Native Peoples. Learn more and register.
- August 14th to 16th: The Gathered Meeting with Steven Davison. Learn more and register.
- August 20th to 23rd: Kairos: Silence, Contemplation, and Scripture with Francisco Burgos. Learn more and register.
Powell House Virtual Workshop Series:
- August 8th: Early Quakerism with Karen Tibbals, 10:00am ET/7:00am PT. Learn more and register.
- August 8th: The Quaker Testimonies: From Separation to Reciprocity with Mary Ann Percy and Rachel Van Boven, 2:00pm ET/11:00am PT. Learn more and register.
- August 15th: Clerking by Zoom II with Steve Mohlke, 10:00am ET/7:00am PT. Learn more and register.
- August 22nd: The Least of These with Getry Agizah, Oscar Mmbali, and Robert Wafula, 10:00am/7:00am PT. Learn more and register.