This topic explores how Quakers put faith into practice. We will look at how our experience in worship leads us to a shared commitment of living our beliefs through our witness in the world. Friends work to create a world not as it is, but as it should be. This is often referred to as Quaker testimony.
Through this eRetreat, participants will:
- Explore the testimonies of early Friends and test them against their own inner promptings.
- Listen to hear what other promptings there may be for new and modern-day revelations/testimonies.
- Explore and engage in daily disciplines to create the inward space for more light to be generated.
- Come to understand Friends’ view of social action as prompted by a transformation that reveals the Inward Spirit as the source of all action.
The themes of the four weeks:
- Week 1: Making Space for Spirit's Movement
- Week 2: Listening to Nudges, Leadings, and Discernment
- Week 3: Action Grounded in Love
- Week 4: Coming Together in Community