The Gathering Committee is responsible for planning the program of one annual Gathering and providing care for that Gathering when it meets. A new committee is constituted for each Gathering, starting in Spring of the previous year.
Who serves on the Committee?
The Gathering Committee is self selected and includes members of FGC’s Long-Range Conference Planning Committee (LRCP) as well as members recruited from meetings located near the Gathering site.
Who are the clerks of the 2018 Gathering Committee?
Claire and Paul Tinkerhess, Ann Arbor Monthly Meeting (Lake Erie YM)
When will the 2018 Gathering Committee meet?
- May 27, 2017 in Ann Arbor, MI.
- Committee members who are present at the 2017 Gathering will meet briefly toward the end of the Gathering.
- September 22-24, 2017.
- Subcommittee clerks will meet for a Saturday in January, 2018.
- During the 2018 Gathering, the Gathering Committee meets daily June 30 (a day before the Gathering begins) through July 6.
Responsibilities of Committee membership:
- Attend meetings of the Gathering Committee (with occasional exceptions).
- Serve on a subcommittee (including phone and email meetings).
- Follow up on subcommittee and Gathering committee tasks, as agreed.
The Committee’s work during the Gathering: During the Gathering, the committee meets daily to hold the Gathering in the Light, to exercise care for the Gathering, and to address concerns that arise at the Gathering. Because members of the Gathering Committee are heavily involved in the functioning of the Gathering, some Friends may not be able to attend these daily meetings. A core group of Friends from each subcommittee should attend every day. These Friends should be able to speak to their committee‘s work. All Friends participating in these daily meetings should remember that these meetings are often confidential and should not be discussed outside of the Gathering Committee.
How can I get involved?
Complete a Gathering volunteer form or contact the Gathering office for more information.
Go to Future and Past Gatherings.