Queries for Twelfth Month: Witness and Civic Responsibility
- What is our meeting doing:
- To become aware of systemic legal, economic and political injustices in our local community?
- To build relationships with other faith communities around common concerns?
- To reduce polarization within the larger community?
- To work together with others to address injustice?
- How does our meeting assist in restoring public recognition that government fulfills legitimate functions?
- Am I mindful of how my lifestyle, work-life and investments affect others?
- Am I open to seeking clearness on matters of conscience? Am I open to assisting others in doing so?
- Do I fulfill my civic responsibilities when they do not conflict with divine leading?
Please consider before you comment
As you participate and comment on topics in this discussion, before you click submit, pause for a moment to reflect and listen deeply to Spirit.
Participation on this board is to be carried out in the spirit of Friends. This is a place to respectfully ask difficult questions, share experiences, feelings and perspectives around these issues, as well as to listen deeply to others and Spirit. Please be constructive and mutually respectful even in the midst of differing perspectives. The moderator retains the right to delete inappropriate comments.