Query for Second Month: Meeting for Business
Deepening Our Faith: Meeting for Business
- Is our meeting for business held in worship in which we seek divine guidance?
- How do we sustain prayerful consideration of all aspects of an issue and address difficult problems with a search for truth that is unhurried by the pressures of time?
- Do we recognize that we speak through our inaction as well as our action?
- Do I regularly attend meeting for business? If unable to attend, how do I fulfill the responsibility to understand and embrace the decisions made?
- How do I affirm and support God’s presence in the process of discernment and reaching a decision?
- Do I remain open to personal transformation as the community arrives at the sense of the meeting?
Please consider before you comment
As you participate and comment on topics in this discussion, before you click submit, pause for a moment to reflect and listen deeply to Spirit.
Participation on this board is to be carried out in the spirit of Friends. This is a place to respectfully ask difficult questions, share experiences, feelings and perspectives around these issues, as well as to listen deeply to others and Spirit. Please be constructive and mutually respectful even in the midst of differing perspectives. The moderator retains the right to delete inappropriate comments.