2023 - May Meeting for Business Documents
Meeting for Worship for Business
May 21, 2023 at 12:15 pm
Hybrid - Attend in person or join via Zoom
Agenda (See documents attached below)
- Opening Worship
- Reading of the Land Acknowledgement Statement
- Reading of Query for the Fifth Month
- Clerk’s Report
- Finance: First Budget Reading
- Treasurer’s Quarterly Report
- Addressing Racism Committee Updates: 339 Manumission and Beyond Project and Ujima Friends Peace Center
- Care and Counsel: First Reading of Membership Request
- Peace and Social Concerns: Proposals on Funding Donations and Grants
- Minutes for Approval: April
- Reports due in June
- Finance Annual
- Finance: Approval of Budget
- Library Annual Report
- Office and Administration Annual Report
- Religious Education Annual Report
- Release date for June 17 (3rd Sat) is tomorrow
- Closing Worship
Query for the Fifth Month – Nurturing Our Community: Religious Education in the Home and Meeting
- How does our meeting prepare its members, attenders, and children for worship, for the conduct of its business and for a way of life consistent with the principles of the Religious Society of Friends?
- What opportunities do we provide for all in the meeting to learn about Friends’ history, practices and testimonies, the Judeo-Christian tradition, the life and teachings of Jesus, and other religious traditions?
- How does our meeting’s religious education program provide experiential learning that enhances the sense of belonging to our worshipping community?
- How do I help create a home where all members of the family receive affection and understanding and where visitors are welcome?
- How does my manner of living enrich body, mind, and spirit; enable all to learn what it means to live a life of Spirit-led commitment; and demonstrate a high regard for family, community, and the integrity of creation?
- How do I engage with my family and others who are dear to me regarding such sensitive topics as death, faith, money, sex, and drugs?