2023 - November Meeting for Business Documents
Meeting for Worship for Business
November 19, 2023 at 12 pm
Hybrid - Attend in person or join via Zoom
Agenda (See documents attached below - will be added Fri, Nov 17
1) Opening Worship
2) Reading of the Land Acknowledgement Statement
3) Reading of Query for the Eleventh Month
4) Clerk’s Report
5) Nominating Committee: Proposed Slate of Officers
7) PIHN/FP Committee: Update
8) Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting: Queries
9) Worship and Ministry: Annual Report from the Support and Accountability Committee for Eileen Flanagan
10) Landscape Annual Report
11) Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting Annual Report
12) Religious Education Annual Report
13) Minutes for Approval: October
a) Reports due in January
ii) Office and Administration Annual Report
iii) Peace and Social Concerns
iv) Treasurer Quarterly Report
v) Worship and Ministry
b) Release date for Jan 16 (3rd Sat) is tomorrow
15) Closing Worship
Query for the Eleventh Month – Education
- What does our meeting do to support and improve public education?
- What help do we provide for the children and adults in our meeting to pursue their educational goals?
- What is our meeting’s role in support for Friends’ education? If our meeting is connected to a Friends school or schools, does this relationship nurture spiritual life and the manifestation of Friends principles?
- Do we enable children in our meeting to attend a Friends school? Does our meeting work with the family to consider all available means of support?
- How do I show my concern for the improvement of public education in my community?
- Do I demonstrate my encouragement and support for Friends education through awareness and service?