Photos from early days of our old meetinghouse
You can see these pictures enlarged by clicking any one of them while it is displayed above the thumbnail images; it is then displayed in a popup window, with arrows to page through all of the pictures.
Text handwritten on the back of the photo of the old building:
Chestnut Hill Mtg House Circa 1938; Bult 1932 on Mermaid Lane
Meeting picnics & softball games took place on the grassy yard of the Yarnall-Waring Co.
The building was enlarged in 1962 - 63.
Text on the back of the photo of the bandstand:
Fairmont Park Bandstand, Mermaid Lane, East of Mermaid Tavern Circa 1938
The site of a yet to be built new meeting house as os 2007
Looking north from the band stand towards Mermaid Lane. The property was part of Fairmont Park but was swapped for a significantly larger parcel along Cresheim Valley Drive that had been purchased by Yarnall-Waring Co. When park abandoned maintenance of band stand.
Text on the back of the photo of the quarry:
East Mermaid Lane Quarry (Now a parking lot adjacent to C.H. Mtg House) Circa 1938
Looking west from the back yard of the meeting towards the quarry that was purchased & filled in by the Yarnall-Waring Co. for a parking lot.