Quaker Resources websites, blogs, publications, etc.
Public ContentAnyone can view this post
QUAKER RESOURCES: WEBSITES, BLOGS, PUBLICATIONS, ETC.
Accommodating a variety of viewpoints is a common Quaker practice that many consider a strength. A very partial list of resources for Quakers. More to come.
- Friends General Conference: https://www.fgcquaker.org/Quaker resources. Annual Conferences. Virtual worship opportunities. Bookstore.
- Pendle Hill: https://pendlehill.org/ A Quaker study, retreat, and conference center. Free online lectures and book groups. Worshops with sliding scale. Online worship. Bookstore
- Quaker Information Center. A Gateway to Quakerism. A service of Earlham School of Religion. https://quakerinfo.org/index
- Friends Journal https://www.friendsjournal.org/
- Western Friend: Quaker Plan Speech and Spirit in the West. https://westernfriend.org/
- What Canst Thou Say? http://www.whatcanstthousay.org/subscribe
- QuakerSpeak. https://quakerspeak.com/. Video. Comments on various topics (ranging from "How Jesus Affirms My Queerness". to "The Prayer Life of Quakers") by a variety of Friends. Under 10 minutes each.
- Western Friend Podcast https://westernfriend.org/western-friend-podcast Audio. find it wherever you listen to your podcasts.
Blogs: Perhaps the broadest range of Quaker Thought you can encounter now days is through individual blogs on the internet. They may be the modern equivalent of journals that 17th and 18th century Friends wrote. Here are some that may stretch and challenge you and aid in growth.
- A Friendly Letter https://afriendlyletter.com/category/current-affairs/ by Chuck Fager who someone called a "Quaker iconoclast" writes about many different political topics.
- A Whole Heart https://awholeheart.com/about/ by Marcelle Martin who identified herself as a "Quaker and a Christian" and who writes and offers courses on a variety of subjects.
- Abiding Quaker https://patradallmann.com/. by Patricia Dallmann. Christocentric Quaker writings.
- Amor Vincat (May Love Have the Victory!) https://amorvincat.wordpress.com/. by Brian Drayton. Essays on Quaker subjects.
- Armchair Theologian https://summeroflove85.wordpress.com/ by William Heath (Bath, UK) who identifies as a post-Postliberal Quaker theologian involved in public and political theology.
- Can you believe? https://blog.canyoubelieve.me.com. by Johan Maurer, a Quaker minister and member of Moscow Friends Meeting in Russia.
- Inward Light: The Quaker Writings of Peter Blood and Annie Paterson http://www.inwardlight.org/ He put together the songbook "Rise Up Singing."
- Saving Grace: protestant rules and regulations https://lambswar.com/. by Micah Bales, a quaker who focuses on Christ-centered and wider Protestant material.
- Transition Quaker by Craig Barnett. Sheffield, UK https://transitionquaker.blogspot.com/
- Quaker Ranter. by Martin Kelley https://www.quakerranter.org/
- Jon Watts, Songwriter & Video Creator (Creator of QuakerSpeak). https://www.jonwatts.com/
- Worship Sharing in a Blog. https://worshipsharinginprint.wordpress.com/. Part of What Canst Thou Say? One topic is Inspirational music.
- Friends Library https://www.friendslibrary.com/. Writings of early members of the Religious Society of Friends. 153 books available including Issac Pennington, Thomas Shillitoe, George Fox, William Penn, and John Barclay
- Friends World Committee for Consultation Section of the Americas. (also in Spanish) https://fwccamericas.org/connections/explore-quakerism.shtml. An organization with a global perspective.
- Quaker faith and practice. Fifth Edition. The book of Christian discipline of the Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) in Britain. https://qfp.quaker.org.uk/chapter/2/
- Quakers Uniting in Publications QUIP. https://www.quakerquip.com/?q=quakerblogs Involved in international publishing.
- Jon Watts: Songwriter & Video Creator https://www.jonwatts.com/. founder and director of QuakerSpeak video series.
- Catalog of Old Quaker Writings (17th, 18th and 19th Centuries). Currently in Print or online. http://www.qhpress.org/catalog/. Assembled by Licia and Larry Kuenning. Showing books, pamphlets, letters and other documents written by members of the Society of Friends during it early and middle periods.
- http://www.qhpress.org/texts/barclay/apology/. Robert Barclay. An Apology for the True Christian Divinity in Modern English. Barclay wrote this in 1676 in Latin). Edited for length by Brian Dray