About Mt Laurel Meetinghouse
1694 William Evans II and Elizabeth Hanke Evans built a house on Mount Laurel
Meeting for Worship was held in homes until a Meetinghouse was built Date unclear
1703 the marriage of Henry Clifton and Joan Engle took place in Meetinghouse in Evesham
1717 William Evans deeded 166 acres to meeting and anew meetinghouse was built.
1750 Evesham Prepatory Meeting was approved as a Monthly Meeting
1760 Meetinghouse expanded with what is now east side of current building.
June 18-20, 1778 General Sir Henry Clinto's British Troops camped on site.
1783 established first school in Evesham now Mt Laurel
1795 brick schoolmaster's house built. Now caretaker's house.
1798 the 1717 meetinghouse was dismantle and materials reuse to erect west side of cuurent bulding.
1956 Evesham Monthly Meeting was "laid down." Its archives, assets and
business matters were paced under the care of Moorestown Monthly Meeting.
First day worship continued with heat fromwood stove and outhouses.
In 1970s worship was limited to wrm months due to woodstove
decommised for fire safety.
1981 Meetinghouse listed on th NJ Register of Historic Places
Since 1990 members and attenders have modernized the Building
Thanks to John Coles for information.