Start the New Year with Friends! January 26, 2020 PQM meets at Green Street MM
Start the New Year with Friends! On January 26, 2020 -Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting gathers at Green Street Monthly Meeting.
9:30 Program: "Why Keep Records?” Pat O'Donnell, Archivist at Friends Historical Library.
10:30 Worship with Green Street Friends
11:45 Hospitality and Potluck (feel free to bring a side dish!)
1 – 4 Meeting for Worship with Attention to Business
- Host Program: "Why Keep Records?" The transformation of early Quakers into a Society of Friends was in part enabled by record-keeping. Pat O'Donnell, Archivist at Friends Historical Library, will briefly explain how the rules surrounding record-keeping evolved; then she'll look a little closer at some of the documents that early Quaker leaders believed were important.
- Next Steps: the Quarterly Outreach Project: We welcome monthly meetings, outreach committees and friends in Philadelphia with an interest in connecting to Philadelphians who are currently under-represented to our monthly meetings and Quaker events. We especially appreciate multicultural Friends of such under-represented communities to help plan, collaborate and/or take a lead in this pilot project. We will work together to create a fun interactive tabling presences at several city-wide festivals.
- So, Hold the Date: Tuesday 1/28/2020 at 530-7 PM is the Kick-off Gathering to Plan the Philly Quarter Outreach Project! Contact Katherine Oniskey at [email protected] for address and inquiries.
- PQM Message to Monthly Meetings about PQM Representatives and Get ready to delve into the Spiritual State of the Meeting process!
First Day School is available during Worship and Childcare during the Business meeting. (Childcare RSVPs helpful but not required!)
If you need anything, please email or call Lanza, the PQM Coordinator at [email protected] or 215. 990-3196.
Many thanks to Our Hosts at Green Street Friends Monthly Meeting!
- The Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting
Links & Documents
- Schedule & Agenda for PQM January 26, 2020
- DRAFT MINUTES_ PQM MfWwatB Oct27 2019 at Frankford MM (anonymized online version)
- Letter 1.21.2010 to Monthly Meetings encouraging Spiritual Assessment / State of the Meeting Reports
- Message to Monthly Meetings: WHAT IS A PQM Representative?
- Quarter Outreach Proposal letter (for reference)
- Jan 26 PQM EVENT Flyer B/W _- Please Print and Share
- Finance Report – check for updates on event page shortly before PQM meeting