Sunday Worship and Programming Dec 20: 8:00am - 1:00pm
Sunday morning Worship and Programming for December 20, 2020
- Early worship 8:30 - 9:30 am
- Gathering 9:45 - 10:30 am
- Holiday Sharing* 10:30-11:15 am (see below for details) - get Candles in the Window script if you'd like to follow along
- Late worship 11:15 - 12:15 pm
Worship is generally followed by introductions, joys and sorrows, and announcements.
You may join, leave and rejoin at any time using the same information.
*Holiday Sharing - 10:30 – 11:15 am: Children and teens will present a holiday sharing program with two drama pieces. When you join via Zoom, please MUTE yourself and STOP VIDEO by clicking on those controls at the bottom of your screen. This is how we will "turn down the house lights" to give the performers the stage.
After each piece, turn your video and audio on so you can acknowledge the children's performance. Our children and teachers have put a lot of work into preparing this program. We hope you enjoy it!
To begin, The elementary class will perform a readers' play of A Quaker Christmas: Candles in the Window, by Chuck Fager. The Littles will display 'candles in the window' decorations they created as part of the set. Here's a copy of the script if you'd like to follow along.
Then MUTE and STOP VIDEO again as the Teens perform an original production, co-created by the class, on the theme of "Sonder", a neologism by poet John Koenig for the realization that every passerby's life is as complex and vital as one's own.
As soon as our sharing is concluded, we will MUTE ourselves and transition directly to Meeting for Worship.
Children and teens will present a holiday sharing program with two drama pieces: a readers' play of A Quaker Christmas: Candles in the Window, by Chuck Fager. and an original production on the theme of 'sonder', the realization that passersby have lives as vibrant and complex as one's own
Join Zoom Meeting online from a computer, tablet or smartphone:
password is Quaker if you are asked.
or Dial from any phone for just audio:
and enter the Meeting ID: 723 937 143 # and password 888622
You will be muted when you enter the meeting. See below for details.
If you are joining online
- You will be able to see others on your screen.
- You will be able to hear the silence and messages with your speakers, headphones/headset or smartphone.
- If you have a camera on your device your picture will be shown to others unless you turn off video.
- If you have a microphone you will be able to share messages verbally.
If you are joining by phone
- You will be able to hear the silence and any messages.
- You will be able to share messages verbally.
Depending on the host's settings, you may be able to mute/unmute yourself:
- Online: move your cursor until you can see the microphone icon, or a Mute/Unmute command, and click.
- By phone: Press *6 to mute or unmute yourself.
- Be sure to mute yourself when you are done to minimize background noise.
If the host does not allow this:
- Online: Open the Participants panel, and select "Raise hand" below your name. Then wait for the clerk to recognize you and unmute your microphone.
- By phone: Press *9 to ask the host to unmute you.