How to Use this Website
- QUICK LINKS on the sidebar of the home page will get you to some often used pages. Click on “How do I…?” for answers to commonly asked questions.
- Click “About” in the blue menu across the top to get to more pages, including Adult and Youth Education, Committees, Contact, Faith in Action and Quaker Connections.
- Type a word or phrase in the Search box on the blue menu to find posts (items) containing those words.
- “What’s New” items are arranged on the home page with the most recent posts on top, except for Featured posts which stay at the top. Click on News, Events, or Resources (submenu Documents and Minutes) to view only those types of posts.
- Look for links (in blue) on all pages and on the sidebars.
Member and Attender log-in:
Some items, such as the monthly newsletters, meeting minutes, greeter schedule, or clerk and committee member names and contact information, are only visible when logged in. You may already have a login if you have ever corresponded with FGC. But you will still need to request access to the Madison Friends Meeting site.
*DO CONTACT THE MADISON WEB CLERK (firstname.lastname@example.org) if this process is not clear or is not working for you!
If you already have an FGC/Quaker Cloud account:
- Contact the Madison Web Clerk at email@example.com to be added as a member of this site.
- Go to www.fgcquaker.org/user/password if you don't know your password.
- *If you receive the FGC Newsletter, Book Musings or Gathering emails you already have an account.
If you don't have an FGC/Quaker Cloud account:
- Click “Sign Up for Online Meeting Access” above the blue menu bar, then select "Request to Join This Online Meeting".
- Scroll down to enter your email address, name and any other information or settings if you wish.
- Click the "Create new account" button at the bottom - be sure to check "I am not a robot".
- Check your email for a request to verify your email address, and respond to it. This creates your FGC account.
- Your request for access to this site must be approved. The Web Clerk should receive an email asking to approve your request, a simple process, but if you need immediate access or don't hear anything soon, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get approved. If the Web Clerk does not recognize you they may contact you for more details. Please don’t take it personally – we are a large Meeting!
Your committee may have a dedicated site for committee work and archives, which is available only to members of your committee. You will need to log in to the Madison Friends Meeting, and also be added to your committee site by whomever is administering users for that committee.
Log in to the Madison Friends Meeting website. You will see a list of sites for which you have access. Click the committee site and voila, there you are!
To move between the Meeting site and a committee site, click your name at the top right of the screen, and click the links.
Contact the web clerk (email@example.com) if you have an announcement or event to post, or to learn more about using the website to enhance your committee’s work.